KMTV has an exciting opportunity for a qualified journalist (NCTJ or equivalent) to join the KMTV news team, working as a producer and, in time, as a reporter, on our daily hour-long flagship news show, Kent Tonight, our website and social media services.
Starting to plan ahead for summer? Why not apply for a Google News Initiative placement with the European Journalism Centre? There 8 newsrooms participating in the UK and many others across Europe including France, Germany, Finland and Poland. They are looking for bright young people, from all over to take up these PAID placements. Get some more info here
Looking for something exciting to do on Sunday 3rd of March? Men, women, everybody's welcome. I am planning to attend and cover it for a couple of Mexican outlets and if you're still looking for portfolio stories this could be a cool thing to go do! The March starts at 12pm and then it culminates in an hour long event in Central Hall Westminster that you need to buy a 5 pound ticket for. Covering protests, demonstrations and marches is an important part of journalist's work. We could do a little unofficial field trip and train up from Medway together. Interested? I'm not hard to find =)
The UK and Ireland’s top awards for student newspapers and magazines are back.
With 21 categories, the SPA Awards recognise work at all levels of student publications. This year sees the inclusion of new awards for scientific and human rights journalism, as well as the dedication of our Outstanding Commitment Award to SPA honorary member Billy Dowling-Reid.
Results will be announced at the 2019 National Conference at the University of York, with shortlists released beforehand. You can find more details about the Conference, including ticket information, here.
How to enter
Submit your entries via this Google Form. The deadline for entries is 11:59pm on Thursday 7 March.
Make sure to include a link or other evidence of publication when submitting your entry
If you have any questions, or problems with the submission process, contact the awards team at email@example.com
- The deadline for entries is 11:59pm on Thursday 7 March. Any work submitted after this time will not be accepted.
- Only students of the current academic year (2018/19) or who have graduated in the past year are eligible to enter the awards.
- All work entered must have been published between 16 March 2018 and 7 March 2019 for a student publication in the UK or Ireland.
- Any publication entering must be a member of the Student Publication Association by the time the deadline for submissions passes.
Iliffe Media, the UK’s fastest-growing independent publisher, has vacancies at two of its offices in the East Midlands.
- The Newark Advertiser is looking for an inspirational news editor to help lead the day to day operation. We are also seeking either a senior reporter or an exceptional trainee to join the team.
- The Stamford Mercury is also looking for a senior reporter with the potential to step up to a newsdesk role when required.
Both titles are proud to be at the heart of their communities and have long histories - the Mercury is the UK’s oldest continually-published newspaper.