Year 2s - don't forget we have our extra Court Reporting session tomorrow morning - Feb 21st. It's from 11 - 1230 in room G3-05. Remember to bring with you the test paper we started last week - AND your McNae.
Many congratulations to Year 3 undergraduate student Karina Pavlova, who has just been announced as the 2019 Sky News Bob Friend Scholar.
After a tough interview process, Karina emerged as the successful candidate just ahead of shortlisted students Jess Sharp, Sam Baker and Joe Dawson - all of whom gave superb accounts of themselves for the panel.
Looking for something exciting to do on Sunday 3rd of March? Men, women, everybody's welcome. I am planning to attend and cover it for a couple of Mexican outlets and if you're still looking for portfolio stories this could be a cool thing to go do! The March starts at 12pm and then it culminates in an hour long event in Central Hall Westminster that you need to buy a 5 pound ticket for. Covering protests, demonstrations and marches is an important part of journalist's work. We could do a little unofficial field trip and train up from Medway together. Interested? I'm not hard to find =)
The UK and Ireland’s top awards for student newspapers and magazines are back.
With 21 categories, the SPA Awards recognise work at all levels of student publications. This year sees the inclusion of new awards for scientific and human rights journalism, as well as the dedication of our Outstanding Commitment Award to SPA honorary member Billy Dowling-Reid.
Results will be announced at the 2019 National Conference at the University of York, with shortlists released beforehand. You can find more details about the Conference, including ticket information, here.
How to enter
Submit your entries via this Google Form. The deadline for entries is 11:59pm on Thursday 7 March.
Make sure to include a link or other evidence of publication when submitting your entry
If you have any questions, or problems with the submission process, contact the awards team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for entries is 11:59pm on Thursday 7 March. Any work submitted after this time will not be accepted.
- Only students of the current academic year (2018/19) or who have graduated in the past year are eligible to enter the awards.
- All work entered must have been published between 16 March 2018 and 7 March 2019 for a student publication in the UK or Ireland.
- Any publication entering must be a member of the Student Publication Association by the time the deadline for submissions passes.
BBC Production Traineeship
- Do you want to join the BBC and work in one of our BBC Three production teams making exciting and ground-breaking content?
- Can you develop ideas and bring them to life?
- Do you thrive on coming up with new ideas that have the power to challenge, move or excite others?
- Do you love exercising your creative abilities and are you great at connecting with people via social media?
- Are you driven and resilient?
Well, if you have answered ‘Yes’ to any of the above then you could be just the right sort of person for our Production Trainee Scheme.