Have you been gripped by the General Election? Do you have a passion for politics? Then this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our friendly team producing a regional political debate show on behalf of the BBC. The Sunday Politics South East is a fast-paced, studio-based programme, which holds MPs, Ministers and local authorities to account, and scrutinises major issues and policies that affect us all.
This is a key role giving you newsroom, studio and production experience, working on all the big political stories of the day. It’s essential to have a good knowledge of news and current affairs and a strong interest in British politics and/or history. You'll need to be familiar with the south east region too.
We're looking for:
- Excellent all-round journalistic skills, including the ability to write punchy, accurate scripts and longer briefs.
- Sound research skills to pick out the nitty-gritty from detailed government reports
- Strong communication skills, a friendly phone manner and the ability to spak to anyone from MPs & Peers to people on the street.
- A creative thinker, who can bring ideas to production meetings
- A self-starter who can work on your own initiative and juggle priorities under pressure.
No previous TV experience needed, but it would be an advantage to help you get to grips with what is a demanding but rewarding role.
The successful candidate must be available to start in September. 3 month initial contract with scope to extend.
Please send a full CV, with two references and an email letter telling us why you would be right for the job.
Deadline for the applications is: 30th June.
Please send an email to: email@example.com. Mark clearly in Subject : Researcher SPSE.